Productivity and organisation are two key factors within day to day life that can often be neglected. Through this article I will discuss techniques that can be used to improve productivity and organisation.
Organisation is something that many of us struggle with , whether its sorting out papers at work , getting through to work on time or studying for exams. At the heart of organisation there are several different factors at play , discipline , commitment and planning. Some of the easiest ways to improve your overall organisational skills start will small simple tasks.
- Tidying your room and organising possessions into different boxes ans storage units can help you to be more organised within your day to day life.
- Making a day to day plan of what tasks need to be completed can also benefit organisation.
- Making an excel spreadsheets of different tasks and activities that need to be completed is important in order to budget as well as plan out long term goals.
Productivity can be improved using a number of different techniques. Day to day millions of us struggle with productivity. This can be a result of a number of different factors such as sleep deprivation , lack of motivation , unstructured work plans and lack of targets to work towards. In order to improve productivity there are a number of different techniques that can be employed.
- One way in which productivity can be increased is by getting more sleep. Doctors recommend getting at least 8 hour sleep a day in order to allow for growth and the body to rest. Sleep deprivation can have a detrimental effect on peoples performance and output and is ultimately unhealthy in the long run.
- Another way in which productivity can be improved is by setting targets and goals. Setting goals and targets is important in order to have something to work towards. Studies have shown that there is a clear link between improved productivity and goal setting.
- Setting aside time for hobbies is a good way to improve productivity as otherwise you may be more inclined to spend more time doing them and less time on your long term goals. For example setting aside 1 or two hours every two or three nights for video games or a sport .
What Impact Has The Modern World Had On Productivity And Organisation
Since the rise of social media there has been a number of different factors that have a major impact on productivity and organisation. Many people across the world can suffer from social media addiction. Social media addiction is when people become too dependent on social media and spend excessive amounts of time on it. This can lead to a anxiety and depression as well as severely reduce productivity. In addition to social media the smartphone has also had a negative effect on productivity and orgnisation but also positive effects. On the negative side smartphones can prove a costly distraction. Whereas the benefits it can bring include budgeting apps , notes and means of communication with contacts.